httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan J Kurz <>
Subject Re: [TIP]: How to use an Apache Proxy to filter Advertisements
Date Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:06:18 GMT
> Actually now that the IAB has standardized on various ad sizes you could
> write a filter that filtered those image sizes.  Many sites will make it
> even more convenient for you by including height and width tags.  :)

I like the idea!  But this would be even more convenient to do on the
client side.  Luckily everyone's friend Netscape provides a API for
plug-ins.  Considering all the other workarounds for Netscape that
Apache makes, maybe you should distribute an IAB ad blocker plugin to
fix that nasty blinking add banner bug that Netscape has. :)

View raw message