httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: [FAQ] add linux struct iovec
Date Thu, 17 Apr 1997 20:10:15 GMT
Marc Slemko said:

> I'm not sure waht Aram's problem with it is.  Is it that it isn't an
> Apache problem?  Or that it is specific to certain broken systems?  Either
> way, it is still asked a lot and should be in the FAQ.  Either it goes in
> there now or we keep getting lots more questions.  People have to remember
> that any question we get now we will get many more times when 1.2 gcomes
> out.

Actually, now that I have thought about it, and looked around the web pages,
we don't have anything that says... if you're running a strange or old
combination of linux kernels, and flavors you may get strange messages.  So
far when stuff like that used to come through bug-report pages I would just
tell them that they needed to upgrade their systems to something more
commercial or stable release... like RedHat.

So I recant my previous argument.  Dean's statement should be put in to the
docs somewhere.

This is also assuming that we don't go crazy documenting every linux flavor
that's out there.  I do all my testing on RedHat 3.0.3, and 4.1.  It's an
extremely stable system, with patches out in hours if there is a problem
found.  I have had no problems with it.

<Aram>

--

  What is comedy?  Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making
  them puke.

Aram Mirzadeh				     Apache httpd team member
awm@qosina.com				     awm@apache.org
http://www.qosina.com/~awm/		     http://www.apache.org
	    PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
           BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0