httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: mod_rewrite and per-dir context
Date Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:45:54 GMT

In article <199704121759.TAA07505@en1.engelschall.com> you wrote:

> Some people have seen problems with rewrite rules in per-directory context
> (i.e. actually in .htaccess) files. Currently I discovered a problem, too.
> Seems like a problem between 1.2b7 and 1.2b8.  While there was no real changes
> in this way to mod_rewrite between 1.2b7 and 1.2b8 it seems like any other
> changes to Apache cause these problems.

> Today I have no more time to trace it down but I'll investigate tomorrow.
> Currently it seems like mod_rewrite ignores all its per-directoy configs.
> Where there any changes to the options allow mechanism or such things? Has
> anybody else problems with rewrite rules in .htaccess files, too?

Although I've limited time today I've traced down the problem a little bit.
The function config_perdir_create(pool *p, char *path) of mod_rewrite in 1.2b7
always receives a valid directory name of the cases where RewriteRules are
used in .htaccess files. But in 1.2b8 it always receives a NULL.  This leads
to a total ignore in the rewrite engine later (which need to know the
directory name).

Does anyone already know why the API has changed here? Or is the current
behaviour correct and the old beheviour was wrong? How can a module determine
in its per-dir config-create function what the name of the directory is if
"path" is not the correct variable?

** At least, why has the API changed at this point? **

Hmmmm... now I'm totally confused...

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com