httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: FYI - coredumps on FreeBSD
Date Sun, 06 Apr 1997 21:31:45 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
>
> > Chuck, Dirk and I had reported that we were seeing some odd SEGV
> > problems that seemed to be associated with a call to
> > lingering_close. I seem to have tracked down the problem as being
> > caused by the server being linked with libraries that had not been
> > compiled with FD_SETSIZE=1024 as my kernels and the rest of the
> > servers have.
>
> What does that mean to your average FreeBSD user (like me) ?
>
> Building a new kernel sounds extreme.

Well, to do it right, when you bump up FD_SETSIZE you should also
recreate everything ! With web-specific servers, this is most likely
a Good Idea anyway, since you want to tune ths system as much as
possible anyway. Of course, you may not even _need_ that many fd's
so...

                  "Not the Craw... the CRAW!"