httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@aaaaaaaa.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Perforce source code management, and Apache HTTPD
Date Thu, 03 Apr 1997 13:41:43 GMT
Ben Laurie:

> Andrew Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I was trawling for CVS replacements
>
> Why?

I heard some java application people talking about it, for their
own project.  The particular selling points of Perforce, as I
understand it, being the client, a decent API and the ability to
support people with 'challenged' connectivity.  Another plus might
be that the software runs on a variety of platforms (w95 laptops,
BeOS, ix86 etc), which might make it more suitable than must-have-unix
CVS.

But then I think I also heard someone say they thought that Perforce
looked 'kuhl', and well, it doesn't take much to distract a hacker.