httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Compiling apache 1.2b7 (fwd)
Date Sat, 22 Mar 1997 00:27:39 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 20:44:46 -0000
From: Francisco Muñoz <vo484@lix.intercom.es>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Compiling apache 1.2b7

I have downloaded the apache 1.2b7.tar.Z and when i try to compile in my
system running the SCO Unix System V Type ku386 Release 3.2 v 4.2,  i get
the followings errors:

1.-)  ranlib: the libregex.a file not in x.out format.

2.-)  unable to locate the .h files referenced in the conf.h file:

             netdb.h
             arpa/inet.h

    If i comment in the conf.h file the entries to these files, when the
file http_main.c is compiled i get a lot of warnings and the error :

     hostent: structure not defined.

     Please can help me?, i dont know if i can compile and run the Apache
server in this version of OS or what's append. HELP!.

   				A lots of thanks.
				Xco.