httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject [BUG]: "server restart fails when virtual host name lookup fails" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:56:06 GMT

no acked. Dean proabably has a better suggestion for them

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu Mar  6 21:38:18 1997
From: cwk@verio.net
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Subject: [BUG]: "server restart fails when virtual host name lookup fails" on SunOS 4.x

Submitter: cwk@verio.net
Operating system: SunOS 4.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.2b7
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
If a virtual host name can not be looked up in DNS
the server startup fails. It would be nice if it
would issue a warning and start for the other
virtual addresses anyway. This is similar to the
problem that was previously addressed if the DocumentRoot
does not exist. It is similar in that there are
cases where the DNS is outside of the control of
my DNS.

Please let me know if this can be addressed in
1.2 or if we need to modify the source ourselves.

Thanks,
Carl

--

Backtrace: