httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject [BUG]: "httpd stops passing POST data to CGI's after a few days." on HPUX (fwd)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 1997 21:38:01 GMT

1.1.3  =  who cares.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon Mar  3 11:02:33 1997
From: abaugher@glenqcy.glenayre.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Subject: [BUG]: "httpd stops passing POST data to CGI's after a few days." on HPUX

Submitter: abaugher@glenqcy.glenayre.com
Operating system: HPUX, version: 9.05-10.10
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.3
Extra Modules used: none
URL exhibiting problem: Sorry, I'd like to, but it's behind a firewall.

Symptoms:
--
I have a few CGI's which take POSTed data and
return results based on the data.  After starting

This is happening on HPUX systems, both 9.05 and
10.10 versions of the OS.  I've used the pre-
compiled binaries, and also compiled my own,
with no difference of result.  I've run Apache
on Linux and NeXTStep, and never seen this before,
so it seems to be unique to HPUX.

The access_log shows POST as the type of
connection, so the server knows that.  I don't
know whether the server is ignoring the POST data,
or just not passing it on to the CGI.

--

Backtrace: