httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject sub_req_lookup_simple bug?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:31:19 GMT
sub_req_lookup_file bypasses most of its work if there is no /
in the new_file.  But there's no file_walk or location_walk inside
sub_req_lookup_simple.  I'd believe the / heuristic when only <Directory>
and .htaccess are involved, but I'm pretty sure we now need to call
file_walk and location_walk.

Here's an example which will show the bug:

    Options All MultiViews
    DirectoryIndex index

    # hostname resolution only for .html files
    HostnameLookups Off
    <Files ~ "\.html$">
    HostnameLookups On
    </Files>

Then I'm trying "HEAD /foobar/ HTTP/1.0".  mod_dir makes that
/foobar/index which then gets MultiViewed into /foobar/index.html and
I end up in sub_req_lookup_file, and you can guess the rest.

Dean