httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject general/274: Web Daemon hangs (fwd)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:01:41 GMT
This be FAQ material.  Which should probably be inserted into the ever
growing list of See Alsos in the VirtualHost documentation.

It'd be nice to know why it's hanging/coredumping in these cases though.
'cause if we could just give an error we could probably avoid these
reports.

Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Todd Stewart <stew@stew.clever.net>
To: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc: apache-bugdb@apache.org
Subject: general/274: Web Daemon hangs

>Number:         274
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Web Daemon hangs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We have 3 machines that host around 500 virtual sites (2 class C's).  We have been running
apache 1.1.1
on all of the servers for several months.  I have downloaded, configured, and compiled the
1.2b7 source.
When I enter 249 VirtualHosts or less, all works well.  When I enter 250 VirtualHosts, the
browser displays
"document contains no data".  When I enter 251 VirtualHosts, the daemon hangs.
>How-To-Repeat:
Enter 251 Virtualhosts in the httpd.conf and see it happen.
>Fix:
Not reall