httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: HTTP protocol violation on your server (fwd)
Date Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:31:37 GMT
Hi Stewart,

Uh I actually know exactly what is wrong and it is HotWired code.  The
<!-- start local exec --> ... <!-- end local exec --> stuff is from some
really old legacy code in the hotwired server that embeds a CGI-like
application which writes directly on the socket...  and you can probably
guess the problem.  It's bypassing the chunking code.

I'll get it fixed ASAP.

You haven't seen any other problems with vanillia 1.2b7 or 1.2b8-dev
Apache servers have you?  1.2b7 includes improved chunking support which I
put a bunch of effort into hand-checking all cases, but you know how that

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:

> This is to do with chunked encoding. Takes a while for him to mention
> that fact.
> no ack

View raw message