httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: 30 second response time from apache and zeus servers (fwd)
Date Mon, 10 Mar 1997 06:59:54 GMT
His dialup is 198.5.208.92.  The internic delegates 198.5 to uunet and
uunet's nameservers say that 198.5.208 can be found at NS.UU.NET and
NS.INFOSEEK.COM.

NS.UU.NET isn't responding to any queries.

NS.INFOSEEK.COM doesn't even have the 208.5.198.in-addr.arpa zone
loaded.

He should go complain to his admin.  Not only is it painful for him to
surf apache, he won't even be able to ftp anywhere.

BTW, bind should cache negative responses for a short time.  Maybe your
nameserver isn't recent enough Brian...

Dean