httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: location_walk() twice?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 1997 03:43:58 GMT
On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> process_request_internal runs location_walk twice... it does:
>
> location_walk
> translate_name
> directory_walk
> file_walk
> location_walk
>
> Is that right??  I'm guessing yes because translate_name may have changed
> the location.  But the docs don't really mention it.

If I recall correctly, Ben added this so that you could use <Location>
to mess with name-translation stuff.  The second location_walk was
retained because we wanted <Location> to continue to override <File>
and <Directory>. The per-dir config stuff is reset in directory_walk
anyway, so calling location_walk here is incapable of hurting anything
except by intent.

Or something like that.