httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: apache on the Amiga! (fwd)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 1997 03:37:19 GMT
On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Intriguing!  Place your votes for
>
>   1) Creating an apache-amiga-dev mailing list on apache.org
>   2) Distributing an amiga port of Apache vs.
>      just pointing to it as a related project.
>
> I +1 creation of the list, and pointing to is as a related project.

Eh... I think that certainly we need a better related projects
section, but I think that unless the Apache Group is actively involved
in it, it shouldn't be at apache.org. With this particular Amiga
thing, unless the people responsible want to become active,
contributing members of the Apache Group and let us have control over
the product, I'd strongly urge that we simply link them in and tell
them to have their own list, etc...

I'm ok with OS/2 being at apache.org, given that Garey is sufficiently
involved with the Apache Group, and that his code ends up in our Unix
releases.

Likewise with the NT version, since it's an Apache Group-sponsored
thing. It should get a section of the web site, a mailing list,
whatever else it wants.

Though hopefully some of these can get closer to the Apache core in
2.0. OS-independence should be a goal for us, in some sense. I've been
toying with the idea of porting Apache to the Mac. I did a lot of
thinking a few months ago wrt rst's threaded Apache and how all the
peices would fit into the MacOS's APIs, and there's a lot of work
that'd need to be done, but it would fit pretty well.