httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS]
Date Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:38:45 GMT
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Planning/design items:
>
>     * should the bug report page be in CVS?  Should it be in the htdocs
>       tree or a seperate place?  Should it be distributed with Apache?
>       The same holds for everything on the Apache web site.  Marc would
>       like to see it all in CVS, but not necessarily distributed
>       with Apache.
>       Roy says: It would be nice if all of the non-archive parts
>       of the project tree were in a separate cvs module -- it would
>       sure make updating Hyperreal a lot easier (and safer).

Absolutely.  I suppose all it'll take is creating a new CVS module for the
content under /export/pub/apache, which excludes:

/dist/  (see note below)
/docs/  (coz it's another module)
/from-cvs/  (auto-generated)
/incoming/

Also, there may be a purpose for a directory to contain flat files built by CGI
scripts, for DB-ish apps not quite heavy-duty enough for sql.  Can we reserve a
/data/ directory for that?

Anyways, someone who knows how to create a new module and all that, you have my
support.

About /dist/ - we should really start

	1) doing MD5 hashes and making them available on the web site.
	2) publishing those MD5 hashes in apache-announce mailings
	3) PGP signing those apache-announce mailings.

I think we've been really lucky that there's not been a malicious mirror out
there who decided to add a backdoor in our code and put it on their server.
For all we know that might have happened - anyone want to write a
mirror-validation robot?  :)

	Brian