httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject modules Makefile
Date Mon, 31 Mar 1997 14:38:04 GMT
still doesn't work, of course. Looks to me like the idea was to add a new
implicit rule which causes the modules to build, no? If so, its all wrong.
Firstly, make only supports a null suffix on the destination, not the source,
secondly, you gotta add the rule! So, to make it work, you have to rename the
directory to, say, proxy.mod, and do this:

.SUFFIXES: .build .clean .mod

.mod.build:
	(cd $<; $(MAKE) CC=$(CC) AUX_CFLAGS='$(MOD_CFLAGS)' RANLIB='$(RANLIB)')

default: $(MODULES)

If there was some other plan in mind, then its so completely broken I don't
know how to fix it ;-)

Cheers,

Ben.