httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: sub_req_lookup_simple bug?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 1997 06:16:44 GMT
>sub_req_lookup_file bypasses most of its work if there is no /
>in the new_file.  But there's no file_walk or location_walk inside
>sub_req_lookup_simple.  I'd believe the / heuristic when only <Directory>
>and .htaccess are involved, but I'm pretty sure we now need to call
>file_walk and location_walk.

Sounds reasonable to me.  OTOH, I haven't a clue as to how <Directory>,
<Location>, and <File> interact in practice -- it was hard enough just
trying to figure out how directory_walk alone worked, and I've long
since forgotten that.  We have no documentation on it (not even Ben's book
covers the subject).

.....Roy