httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Server-generated content-type?
Date Sun, 23 Mar 1997 16:50:19 GMT
    Working on mod_example, the handler of which emits text/plain
    content, I found I was having trouble getting the Content-type
    header sent to the client correctly.  No matter what I did, Apache
    would rewrite this header to "text/html".  I finally stole a
    workaround from another module and now force *my* setting to be sent
    by calling send_http_header() at the beginning of the handler
    routine.

    I can't find any reference to this behaviour; is the server
    *supposed* to force "text/html" on all outbound server-generated
    content?  Is it *supposed* to ignore the r->content_type setting and
    any value already stored for Content-type in r->headers_out?  I
    haven't quite managed to trace what routine downstream of my handler
    is overwriting this (work's been busy), but I thought I'd ask..

    #ken    :-(}