httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: profiling apache
Date Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:17:05 GMT
>You need to add -p or -pg to EXTRA_LFLAGS too.

Doh!  That was the problem.  Unfortunately, it seems all my standard libs
are screwed for profiling, since somebody got lazy and just copied them
from another system.

>Remember it's challenging
>to get a good profile unless you run -X.

Yep, -X was the plan.

>I've been running the big header patch on HotWired (IRIX 5.3) and haven't
>noticed anything.  Have you changed your module mixture?

No changes.  However, my system has been flaky for the past week, so
it may be something unrelated to Apache.  But, I was interested in
seeing a profile anyway (and in procrastinating), so that's what led
to this adventure.

I think I'll go whack a support guy upside the head now.  Thanks,

....Roy