httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: [STATUS] rainy sunday afternoon
Date Mon, 17 Mar 1997 01:39:23 GMT
>From the fingers of Dean Gaudet flowed the following:
>
>1.2b8 status as of Sun Mar 16 17:15:30 PST 1997
>
>Agenda for 1.2b8-dev
>====================
>
>Documentation Changes that should make 1.2:
>
>  * mod_template.c illustration of command handler call semantics for
>    the different directive argument types (et alia).  +1 Dirk, Chuck,
>    but needs work.  I'll try to flesh this out in the next few days if
>    these mean "+1 to including in distribution".  +1 from Ralf.
>    ... and more work ...
>    And Ken says check it all out at <http://Test.Remulak.DECUS.Org:9000/>

    Change the "Test..." to "Template..." in the URL.  What's there is
    the current source, not a checkpoint; it changes as I work on it -
    bugs and all.

>Contrib stuff / future:
>
>  * mod_userdir needs a DisallowUserDir directive, a la ftp.deny, to
>    restrict user names that can be accessed.

    I've been thinking about this, and wonder if it might not be better
    to overload the existing UserDir directive a bit.  It accepts
    "UserDir disabled" now; how about "UserDir disabled [user [...]]"?
    It wouldn't be difficult to have them be cumulative, and presence of
    one or more userids making the "disabled" status only apply to
    those, leaving the "UserDir public_html" (or whatever) still
    functional for all other users.

    Still a future/feature, though, of course.

    #ken    :-)}