httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject [BUG?] vhost error log not set when creater_server_config() called
Date Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:18:42 GMT
    For a <VirtualHost> block, modules' create_server_config() callbacks
    are apparently invoked before the vserver's error log has been set

    I encountered this when trying to use log_printf() from within my
    create_server_config() routine.  It works for the default server,
    but when it was trying to log an "error" when configuring for the
    vhost, it SEGVed in fprintf(s->error_log) because that cell wasn't
    set up [yet].  It's not even set to stderr - it's just NULL.

    This happenes even if I list an explicit ErrorLog directive in the
    <VirtualHost> block before the directive that triggered my
    create_server_config() callback.

    This seems like a bug to me - I should think s->error_log should be
    at least set to stderr (or preferably s_main->error_log) before any
    modules are invoked - but it might just be that I'm missing
    something.  Or that this is by design.

    Would someone please be kind enough to sanity-check me on this?

    #ken    :-P}

View raw message