httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: bug stuff
Date Fri, 14 Mar 1997 02:55:50 GMT
>We need to clean up this bug email vs. bug database stuff... 'cause Rob is
>forwarding far more messages than I want to summarize in our little status
>updates.  I think the debate is over... we've shown that Alexei's desire
>that email updates and reports still occur is met.  The GNATS thing seems
>to work fine for me, I find it a lot easier to talk about PR#xxx than a
>message id.

+1

>Is it just a matter of rewriting www.apache.org/bug_report.html ?

I think it will also require a pass through the distribution files to
replace references to the e-mail address with reference to the bug-form
first, and only use the e-mail address is they are unable to access
the bug-form.  While we are at it, it should be referred to as the
problem report form, or suggestion box, since people send us feature
requests through the same interface.

....Roy