httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "Undying keepalives in 1.2b7" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 11 Mar 1997 05:51:59 GMT
Ummm, there is a larger problem here.  saferead() assumes that if
there is any input to read, then the client is pipelining and therefore
doesn't want the flush.  Unfortunately, most clients stupidly send
an extra CRLF after a POST request to compensate for that old CERN bug,
which means a POST response won't be flushed before saferead attempts
to read the next nbyte (and blocks).  Worse, it seems that the
between-request timeout is not operating, since that should
cause a close and stop the server child from hanging.

In other words, I haven't stopped looking at the problem yet. :)

.....Roy