httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "server restart fails when virtual host name lookup fails" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Fri, 07 Mar 1997 18:08:27 GMT

Actually the guy is quite right; one of the problems I've
had a couple of times is that I had to temp. disable
a few of the virtual hosts, to get the whole server (and
all the other domains) running, when site dns was screwed
for just one of them. That is kind of an issue.

Perhaps a little flag '-i' for -i ignore any errors would
be in order; because it most certainly can be a pain.

> no acked. Dean proabably has a better suggestion for them

Well one way around is to define the listens on IP address
only and just use the name for the Host: headers.

Dw.