httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Garey Smiley" <ga...@main.slink.com>
Subject Re: New OS/2 porters
Date Mon, 03 Mar 1997 02:28:16 GMT
On Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:00:27 -0500 (EST), Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

>> >He has been uploading his version to OS/2 archives and marking it as a
>> >replacement to the version I have been distributing. That version is
>> >the offical 1.1.3 release and just includes OS/2 executables and
>> >several .OS2 files that explains some of the differences between the
>> >UNIX and OS/2 versions.
>>
>> If you can't get a positive response from the guy, then tell the owner
>> of the archive that the uploaded file is not from Apache and should be
>> considered dangerous.  If there are problems with the guy continually
>> uploading bogus releases, or if the owner of the archive needs some
>> corroboration, then send them here.
>>
>> It would be nice if we had an official release point with checkpoint
>> and signature files, but I have no idea how to do that.
>
>We could report the guy to CERT as a possible trojan.  Actually we should
>since we have no idea what he's doing to the code, and it sounds like he
>is shipping a binary with the package.

I did a diff on all of the .h and .c files and he's just got the
standard 1.1.1 code missing a couple of the 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 patches. I
also recompiled his code to make sure the executable matched what he
was distributing. They matched with a binary compare.

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com
http://www.slink.com/