httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Garey Smiley" <ga...@main.slink.com>
Subject New OS/2 porters
Date Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:20:55 GMT
Hi All,
	I need to know what the offical stance from the Apache group is
on the following situation and how I might go about getting it
resolved:

A gentleman named Kerry Webb <trixer@suntrix.com> has been distribution
an OS/2 version of Apache he clains to be 1.1.3a or 1.1.3b.

The version is actually 1.1.1 with some, but not all of the 1.1.3
patches.

The documentation, support dir, and conf-dist files are all from 1.1.1
not 1.1.3.

He has been uploading his version to OS/2 archives and marking it as a
replacement to the version I have been distributing. That version is
the offical 1.1.3 release and just includes OS/2 executables and
several .OS2 files that explains some of the differences between the
UNIX and OS/2 versions.

His version has no new functionality and is missing two of the OS/2
specific fixes released in 1.1.3 for mmap() support and increased
support of OS/2 drive letters.

Garey Smiley
SoftLink Services
garey@slink.com