httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <...@cursci.co.uk>
Subject proxy module for load balancing?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:42:15 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on using the proxy module for
a form of load balancing.

I've already used ProxyPass to pass certain requests off to other
machines, which has helped share the load somewhat.

I was considering looking at being able to have more than one ProxyPass
directive for a given path, such that the server passes the requests in
a round-robin form - or possibly even according to load. If this were
possible it might save the heap load of money that Cisco's LocalDirector
costs, and provide better functionality in the process.

Does anyone have any thoughts (or patches :-) ?

Mike