httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] mod_template demonstration
Date Sun, 09 Mar 1997 23:01:26 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> >From the fingers of Chuck Murcko flowed the following:
> >
> >Looks OK if the template module is already in the distribution. +1 if
> >you also add a mod_template.html for the docs. This can just be the
> >README, HTMLized, IMO.
>
>     No, mod_template.c is a new creation and not in the distribution, so
>     I suppose it qualifies as a feature rather than a bugfix.  It
>     doesn't change any existing code.  I'd *like* to get it into
>     1.2final, but if the featureness prevents that it'all right with me.
>     There were a couple of +1s that I thought were for adding it to
>     the distribution, but there was some ambiguity there.
>
>     I'll whip up a mod_template.html and a patch to link it into the API
>     pages - if it gets voted into the 1.2 distribution.  If the
>     concensus is that it should go into contrib, we can just skip the
>     patch and leave the .html file in the same directory as the module
>     itself.

OK. I don't think it's really a feature; it seems more like docs. Just
in case it doesn't make it into the distribution, it would be nice if
you gave the user instructions on where to put it. But don't need to do
that if it's already in the modules subdir.

+1 for including this as "live" docs, though.
--
chuck
Chuck Murcko