httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: Apache-SSL France
Date Fri, 14 Mar 1997 22:20:52 GMT
> I've been approached by someone who is trying to get Apache-SSL approved for
> use in France. He would like to call it "Apache-SSL France". What do people
> think?

	I think that if he succeeds, that would kick ass. I was
talking to a friend of mine last night, and he told me of this one
small french company (my friend lives in france, moved there from
Boston recently) who wanted a crypto license for their product. The
government said, "give us a copy of all your keys". They said
no. Government replied, "ok, give your competitor [some huge megacorp]
a copy of all your keys then."
	I don't know if it would be a good idea if he "succeeded" and
they required key escrow or 40-bit keys, though.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777