httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: [BUG]: "mod_rewrite compile problem on AIX" on AIX (fwd)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:01:14 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> The make fails on AIX using the version of mod_rewrite
> included with apache 1.2b7. The compiler complains about
> symbol "flock" not being found.

Hmmm... AIX seems to use fcntl() and mod_rewrite.h is not correctly
determining AIX here. Is there any symbox like _AIX_ or other we can check to
determine if AIX is used?  I don't have any AIX machines available for

> If I replace mod_rewrite.[ch] with the version that was distributed
> with apache 1.2b6, with the patch to fix the truncation
> problem, the compile goes smoothly.

Yes, this was 2.3.11+ which don't included any locking stuff, so there cannot
be problems with flock ... ;_)

Can anyone with AIX try to make the flock/fcntl-guessing in mod_rewrite.h
working under AIX?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message