httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason S. Clary" <jcl...@futurefx.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] the latest
Date Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:39:16 GMT

Note that linux does not always shutdown binds exactly immediately
when you do a close() and shutdown().

I've found if you give it about 3 seconds between the shutdown and
the bind it works ok.  I've been meaning to poke around in the
kernel and see if shutdown()'s go into some sort of queue to be processed
by the kernel since they don't seem to happen exactly immediately.

HUP works fine on my systems though.

---
Jason S. Clary <jclary@futurefx.com>
http://www.futurefx.com/~jclary/
---

----------

<Erich.Meier@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>)
> >       - was also reported by same user against 1.2b4
> >

> This also seems to be true for some linux machines.  It seems it has
something
> to do with the proxy module.  I still have not been able to track it down
> an exact configuration, but it does exist on linux as well.
>
> Reported on 1.2b4, as well as b6.
>
> <Aram>
>

> --
> Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
> Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org
> PGP Key			http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
> Key Sig:      BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0
>
> "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore
Ivanova's
> recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova
will
> personally rip your lungs out. Babylon Control out. [Sigh] Civilians.
[Looking