httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: mod_rewrite vs mod_proxy]
Date Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:45:33 GMT
Chuck Murcko writes, ...
> This should go into the mod_rewrite & mod_proxy docs.
>
> It's the / loop with Solaris 2.4.
> --
> chuck
> Chuck Murcko
> From: chris@jtan.com (C.T.Nadovich)
>
> To fix it, just don't link with libucb.
>
> The readdir() from libucb assumes a different struct dirent than the
> one in libc. If you link with libucb, the first two characters of the
> filename returned by readdir() are lost.

One "workaround" for this kind of problem on Solaris and other SVR4
systems is specifying an explicit "-lc" _before_ "-lucb". Then the
readdir() is satisfied from libc (the "right" version), and you can
still use bcopy() which is satisfied from libucb.

> Without libucb, the only thing that dosen't link is one use of bcopy()
> in proxy_ftp.c --- easily fixed with a define --- and the resulting binary
> runs like a charm.

The best solution, indeed, is to avoid libucb by not using (or using
private versions of):
    - bcopy, bzero & friends: use memmove, memset etc. instead
    - strcasecmp   & friends: use private versions

    Martin