httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <>
Subject Re: Putting modules in their own subdirectories
Date Sat, 08 Mar 1997 15:02:39 GMT
Stanley Gambarin said:
> 	There was some discussion about rearranging installation process
> as to put every module in its own subdirectory.  The advantages of such
> approach include the ability to break large modules into subparts,
> provide module-specific header files and build parameters, as well as
> allow for easy installation of additional (non-standard) modules.
> 	As far as I understand, the whole idea behind "modules" was to
> provide an independent pieces of code that accomplish a certain task, so
> why not to extend that idea into the organization and layout of the
> distribution.
> 	Any thoughts ???

I really don't like this idea... sendmail puts modules into different
directories... I think we're lucky we have a src directory, and not have
everything dumped in the apache directory.  There simply isn't a need
for overcomplicating things.

Aram Mirzadeh
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member
Qosina Corporation
Key Sig 	      BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin

View raw message