httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Clary <jcl...@futurefx.com>
Subject Re: [Feature Suggestion] Config includes
Date Wed, 05 Mar 1997 05:15:03 GMT

> But you have to restart the server to take in a new config... do your CGIs
> restart the server?

I used to use a script that checked a semaphor file written by the CGI..
I've been thinking how to do it more.. gracefully.. and faster, even..

Does a -HUP kill off existing transactions?  I suppose I could hup
the main server if it just waits for the others to finnish, then
it could do it immediately and report success/failure or whatever.

hmm.  anyways, anything will do, its just a pain processing large
config files