httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason S. Clary" <jcl...@futurefx.com>
Subject [Feature Suggestion] Config includes
Date Tue, 04 Mar 1997 22:45:04 GMT

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to add an include file
directive to the config system?  I would like to have a set of
controlled administrative CGI's for my customers to change certain
aspects of the server config.  The CGI's would handle format
and whatnot so as not to crash the server.  Basically, it would
make it possible for the CGI's to avoid parsing and editing
the entire config, just selected portions.

I could use resource config, but I'm already using that so my
httpd.conf doesn't get incredibly huge. I *had* a patch that let
me do this ages ago (1.0.5, I think) but I've changed companies
since then.

Well, if this isn't too horribly difficult and its not
already there and just not documented.

Basically it would be helpful if I could include EXTRA access config
and resource config info.

If you think this is a good idea, I'll see about working up a patch
for 1.2 when I get some free time.

---
Jason S. Clary <jclary@futurefx.com>
http://www.futurefx.com/~jclary/