httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@luers.qosina.com>
Subject Re: New OS/2 porters
Date Mon, 03 Mar 1997 03:00:27 GMT
Roy T. Fielding said:

> >He has been uploading his version to OS/2 archives and marking it as a
> >replacement to the version I have been distributing. That version is
> >the offical 1.1.3 release and just includes OS/2 executables and
> >several .OS2 files that explains some of the differences between the
> >UNIX and OS/2 versions.
>
> If you can't get a positive response from the guy, then tell the owner
> of the archive that the uploaded file is not from Apache and should be
> considered dangerous.  If there are problems with the guy continually
> uploading bogus releases, or if the owner of the archive needs some
> corroboration, then send them here.
>
> It would be nice if we had an official release point with checkpoint
> and signature files, but I have no idea how to do that.

We could report the guy to CERT as a possible trojan.  Actually we should
since we have no idea what he's doing to the code, and it sounds like he
is shipping a binary with the package.

<Aram>

--
Aram Mirzadeh						awm@qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member

"I've heard snappier comebacks from a bowl of Rice Krispies.
				-- Charles Emerson Winchester III