httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache 1.2b7 process growing slowly, now 7.4MB]
Date Sun, 02 Mar 1997 18:35:18 GMT

While I have been puzzled by a problem where the server is consuming
all of my available swap, I have not seen the following symptoms.
It would be much easier if I could pin it down to a specific
process, but I quickly lose the trail when the resources are placed
in swap. I don't know if the difference in VM system on FreeBSD
could be the reason for this difference or not, but I am currently
in a position of having to HUP the server processes about every 12
hours.

I've also not had any luck reproducing this on a test server.

I'll contact this guy to see if there are any similarities.