httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Siler, Vernon R." <vrsi...@tva.gov>
Subject RE: [BUG]: "child process doesn't accept http request after proxy request" on Solaris 2.x
Date Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:38:28 GMT
I tried removing the proxy for gopher and wais but the problem
is still there.  How would I check the mod_status?  Is that the
status code available in the log files?

I discovered after the bug report that the problem is not
happening on Solaris 2.5.  Unfortunately our WWW server
will be on Solaris 2.4 for the forseeable future.

I've done some testing at the code level and managed to
find one line that can be commented out that apparently
fixes our problem.  My testing was mostly empirical and I'm
unclear on exactly what the code is doing.

The first thing I discovered was that our problem was fixed
if the socket used to receive the data remotely was never
closed. (variable sock in proxy_http_handler)

In trying to figure out why that would be the case
I discoved that if line 226 of proxy_http.c in version
1.2b7 is commented out the problem goes away.  The line is:

note_cleanups_for_fd(pool, sock);

I'm completely unclear on why this would be a problem though
I did notice that in non-error situations this command is
performed again in the bpushfd call several lines below.

Also, the actual error occurs in the saferead function in
buff.c.  The read call fails with error number 77 (EBADMSG)

Is this a bug that will be fixed or just a quirk with Solaris
2.4, our machine, our compiler, etc?  Will running the server
with this line commented out cause any problems?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

----- End of forwarded message from Siler, Vernon R. -----