httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Korthof ...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [SHOWSTOPPER] SIGHUP caused a fatal and silent crash
Date Mon, 03 Feb 1997 15:33:35 GMT
I saw this at least as early as 1.2b2; I know there have been some changes
since, but I think none which would create this behavior, since the parent
is actually waiting for each of the children (if'd it'd forgotten, things
might be fine since it'd go on with the restart procedure (of course, it
probably couldn't bind the address, so it'd probably die outright)).

When we've seen the problem, it sufficied to kill the children manually (I
haven't tried w/ SIGHUP yet, but will the next chance I get... have been
using SIGKILL);  then the server restarts.  However, sending a SIGHUP to
the parent doesn't have any effect.

     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --
     -- (415) 278-5676    |  Fax: (415) 284-6891 --