httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject apache 1.2b7 (and before) SSI CGI delay bug (fwd)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:49:01 GMT

CGI delays strike again. He's "narrowed" it down to
1.1.3 -> 1.2b3  :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:01:19 -0600
From: Dwayne Fontenot <>
Subject: apache 1.2b7 (and before) SSI CGI delay bug

I have a page which does an "include virtual" on a cgi with pathinfo.
The CGI is a small C program. When I run the CGI from its URL, it is
very fast. When I access the page which includes it there is a 4-6
second delay before the page is returned.

This does *not* happen with 1.1.3. I have seen it in 1.2b3 and 1.2b7.

Thank you for any help on this problem as I would really like to be
using 1.2 but I cannot tolerate this delay.

thank you for your time,

Dwayne Fontenot
Houston Chronicle Interactive

View raw message