httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject A server that works.....or at least I think it does.. (fwd)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:54:45 GMT

Fan mail, err, I think.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:31:11 -0800
From: "westcoast@ican.net" <westcoast@ican.net>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: A server that works.....or at least I think it does..

To those that run Apache,

While I personally do not run Apache ....yet....( I don't know a thing about
Unix code..)
Your website is full of great humor and information about your software.
It's sites like yours that un - arm (that is make simple to understand) the
computer industry.

Someday I will "attempt" to run your software on my computer(s) and create
my own
www server to better understand your world.

Our company runs Apache along with Freebsd. While it seems complicated and
yet simple it's the "Unix" enviroment that puts me into that category of
intimidated.

If your "instructions - FAQ" are any indication of the future of your
software, I'm sure that i'll be able to understand it, and actually run it!!!!

Basically I'm still trying to say congratulations on a great project and a
super system. Even though i'm a Windows - Microsoft user........ (don't
shoot the messenger please...)

regards,
Doug Hanchard
Corporate Account Manager
Internet Products of ACC Tel. / Internet Canada Corp.
WaterFront Center
Suite 2070
200 Burrard Street,
Vancouver, B.C.