httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: updated status for 1.2b7
Date Sun, 16 Feb 1997 03:02:23 GMT
On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> Agenda for 1.2b7-dev
> ====================
>
>   * mod_include is slow.  Marc posted an output buffering patch
>     that shouldn't help but does.

I've been running this on SSI active servers without any problems.
A quick test I did when I first tried it suggested a 25% better
performance on a large file (100k) HTML file with 1 "include virtual"
in it.

It's a feature :-)

I've nothing against the patch, but I'm tempted to -1 it as incentive
for someone to draw a line in the sand and say "bug fixes only after
this date". Marc, you're wearing the release manager hat these days,
can you please set some deadlines. We could be here forever otherwise.

What I'd suggest is we make b7 this week, release it and if it looks
okay after 2 weeks, rename it to 1.2. If anything breaks, roll b8
a week later and repeat.

>   * if "options IncludesNOEXEC" set in directory, no CGI will work

Isn't that what's supposed to happen ? I though that's how it used
to be documented.