httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: [BUG]: "Chameleon 4.5 has problems with Apache 1.2b6" on SunOS 4.x
Date Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:47:01 GMT
On Sat, 15 Feb 1997 tbulli@sdsp.mc.xerox.com wrote:

> Submitter: tbulli@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
> Operating system: SunOS 4.x, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.2b6
> Extra Modules used: php.2b10
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> Any page seen with Chameleon 4.5 from our server
> (using Apache 1.2b6) is either garbled or empty.
> Neither NetScape (3.01) nor lynx (2.7) have that
> problem.  Is there anything that I can tweak in
> Apache to overcome a rather obvious problem with
> Chameleon?  (unfortunately the WWW server is
> behind a firewall - if you happen to have someone
> at Xerox on your team he/she may contact me at
> tbulli@sdsp.mc.xerox.com).

It sounds like Chameleon is hardcoded to expect the string
HTTP/1.0 in the response instead of accepting any HTTP/1.x
that the server identifies itself as running.

You'll need to use mod_browser and set the env var
"force-response-1.0" for the broken browser name.

regards,
rob
Rob Hartill.       Internet Movie Database Ltd.    http://www.imdb.com/
CGI ? how quaint.