httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject [BUG] weird lockup
Date Wed, 12 Feb 1997 21:13:41 GMT

I just noticed one of my servers running a Feb 8th snapshot
temporarily locked up. I was surfing around and hit a very slow
URL, when I looked with 'top', the only active httpd was the root
parent. Everything else was stuck in a "sleep" state.

Before I could attach gdb, the children came back to life.

Anyone seen this ?

This was with FreeBSD 2.1.6.this-week

DNS is off. No virtual hosts.

That particular machine wasn't very busy, ~5/s.
During the freeze, top showed the CPU was practically idle and there
was lots of memory free.

Netscape said it was waiting for a response which eventually arrived.
The freeze lasted a couple of minutes (I think).

rob