httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: bug with proxy TRACE? (fwd)
Date Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:25:26 GMT
I'm actually not happy with the patches I put in though, but it isn't
show-stopper stuff.

Forcing TRACE to always be allowed will not allow an admin to block
TRACEing at their border.  It should go through at least <Limit>
processing.  I'm guessing that this is going to require a little more
in-depth a change than what I put in already... but I haven't looked at
the code.  Let's just put it on the list for now.  In particular, it'll
require something like my first rfc2068 patch (avoid emitting empty Allow
headers, and change 405s to 403s if nothing is allowed).

Dean