httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: bug with proxy TRACE? (fwd)
Date Fri, 21 Feb 1997 18:49:51 GMT
No we're still 1.1 compliant, we never claimed the proxy was 1.1... and
TRACE isn't part of 1.0.  Not that I disagree that this is a bug.  It's
just that our proxy wouldn't do the right thing with a trace anyhow.  At
least it's not apparent on some quick reading of the code.

The other thing is that 1.1 says that the server MUST accept absoluteURI
even though clients don't generate it on non-proxied 1.1 requests.
However, we use the presence of an absoluteURI to set r->proxyreq which is
not quite correct when there is a real 1.1 proxy in the server.  For
example, if you go to host foo, and give it http://foo/bar that isn't a
proxied request.

Dean