httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: lingering_close performance idea
Date Mon, 10 Feb 1997 18:22:06 GMT
Yeah I couldn't remember how it was done, but could remember seeing
something under SunOS.  So I was assuming it wasn't a portable thing since
I couldn't find it under irix/linux/solaris (I just wasn't looking hard
enough/in the right places).  But after Marc pointed it out to me I did
some digging, and found the http_ipc.c file from NCSA.

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, David Robinson wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > It's too bad there's no way to pass a socket to another pid or we could
> > have a cleanup process.
> >
> > Dean
> There is! That's how NCSA 1.4 worked. In many OSes you can pass file
> descriptors down a pipe to another process, using the I_SENDFD ioctl.
>  David.

View raw message