httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: February 1997 Netcraft Web Server Survey (fwd)
Date Thu, 06 Feb 1997 20:15:48 GMT
Can we get a timeline for 1.2b7 then?  A lot has gone into it already.
I'd like to say roll it sunday feb 9, but there's a lot of outstanding
patches still needing voting.  I'd really like to see my performance
patches in 1.2b7 because they need wide enough testing before release.

Do we want 1.2b7 to be a release candidate?

At any rate we are fighting a losing battle here, every "review" in a
magazine shows MS or NS "light years" ahead of us in all categories.  We
also don't have an NT port... and more and more sites coming online are
going to be run off NT gateways running Microsoft's internet tools...
because they're a "no-brainer".  They are the borg.

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, sameer wrote:

> 	We need to get 1.2 out the door.
> > The first time we've lost points :(
> --