httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: idea - last-modified despite SSI - possible performance booster
Date Sun, 02 Feb 1997 03:32:25 GMT
I would give a hearty +1 to a mod_include which could generate
Content-Length for responses 32k (make this configurable) or less.  Some
statistics... of 131000 ssi hits on one of hotwired's server, they
averaged only 2444 bytes, all but 300 of them were less than 32k.  This
together with Nathan's suggestions gets you cacheable ssi which is also
HTTP/1.0 persistent.

The worst part is eating cgi output, but that's not really that hard.

Something this big would have to be contrib though.

Dean