httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Compilation and installation instructions
Date Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:57:32 GMT
I've updated the "compile and install" instructions in
htdocs/manual/install.html. The new file is attached (not a diff since
almost all the file has been reformatted).

This document is intended to be more approachable for new users. It covers
compiling, installing, starting and stopping the server. It answers some
of the typical new user questions, such as

 - I type httpd and nothing happens
 - Why does httpd create lots of processes
 - How do I kill it/I keep killing httpd processed but they come back
 - How do I keep it running after a reboot

//pcs